Similar jobs like this one
Featured Assistant Designer - Ladies & Kids
The Women's Ready-to-Wear Designer will be working on the design of four seasonal collections including runway with the versatility to design across all product categories (excluding knitwear) demonstrating expertise in women's tailoring.
The successful designer will have a minimum of 3 years of design experience in Women’s Ready-To-Wear including 3D work on the stand to evolve ideas. A natural affinity for ultra-modern, sassy, feminine architectural silhouettes and an eye for innovative detail.
This exciting WRTW brand is experimental and thought-provoking in its approach to design. With a strong sense of invention and newness grounded in commerciality, the brand thrives on the unexpected, pushing the boundaries of inherited rules to create a fresh point of view.
Please note that sponsorship is not a possibility at this time.
- Research in line with the seasonal brief including travel for inspirational shopping and to trade fairs for fabric sourcing.
- Prepare and present research for shapes, colours, fabrics and trims.
- Development of ideas on the stand, creating mock-ups and working closely with the atelier team.
- Skill in balancing creativity with commerciality.
- Design in line with the collection plan, pricing architecture, sales objectives and calendar milestones.
- Ensure that all product information is clear and accurately communicated for prototype development.
- Ensure all lab dip and strike-off approvals are actioned in line with calendar milestones.
- Travel to the factories in the UK and Europe to launch and oversee samples as required.
- Participate in fittings with the product and technical team and the Creative Director.
- Degree in Fashion Design specialising in Womenswear.
- A minimum of 3 years of luxury-level design experience specialising in Women's RTW encompassing women's tailoring.
- An excellent eye for colour and feminine architectural silhouettes.
- Experience evolving ideas on the stand and via mock-ups.
- Good understanding of pattern, drape and garment construction.
- Proficiency in hand sketching, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience working closely with a Creative Director to interpret ideas, adhering to the collection plan and margin requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to express ideas clearly and confidently.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- A flexible, positive, team player with a can-do attitude.