We have a new vacancy for a Garment Technologist to join a luxury Womenswear Brand!
This is a hybrid role Monday - Thursday in the office.
The Garment Technologist reports to the Garment Technical Manager and is responsible for their own product areas.
As a Garment Technologist, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the quality and technical standards. You will work closely with design and buying to ensure that garments meet specifications, standards, and regulations.
• Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure they understand and adhere to technical specifications in a timely manner
• Working with the design team at the start of the season on tech packs to ensure the first proto’s follow design specifications
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that may arise during the production process, finding innovative solutions to maintain product quality.
• Work with the buying team to optimize manufacturing processes while maintaining quality standards, effectively managing production costs.
• Maintain detailed records of technical specifications, patterns, and quality control reports, ensuring accurate and organized documentation.
• Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Brand’s customer and brand handwriting, as well as an in depth product and competitor knowledge.
• Lead fit sessions, working with buying and design to ensure an excellent and consistent fit of the product together with the best construction methods.
• Conduct risk assessments of all products from the earliest point of product development, raising and resolving any identified issues.
• Regularly visit stores and review online platform as well as competition.
• Work with technical manager to standardise key blocks with the support of buying and design to increase speed and accuracy when fitting and increase product performance.
• Liase with external teams, including the warehouse to understand and respond to any quality issues and to advise further actions.
• Responsible for wash care, fabric composition communication for the Brand’s website
• Work alongside buying to manage critical path for own product areas.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Textiles or Fashion related discipline
• Relevant experience working with Luxury or Premium Womenswear
• Excel and Microsoft Office skills
• Knowledge of pattern and garment construction
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective communication and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of industry standards and regulations
• Able to work in a busy fast fast-paced environment
• Proactive approach to all aspects of your work, with an emphasis on continuously seeking opportunities to innovate and improve the business