Our client is a contemporary British fashion brand created by a fashion innovator and design guru specialising in creating unique styles. They live by a fun, friendly and hard working office atmosphere that enables their staff to grow. Their products have a boutique feel, which you will be involved in from start to finish and have influence on building a well-designed and very detailed range. You will be working alongside some of the best in the business who you can learn from. You will be someone who has a passion for fashion, a desire to add value to all of our stunning collections but also have the ability to pick up new knowledge quickly. If you are looking for a new challenge within a dynamic team then this is the role for you. They are located in a beautiful location, away from all the hustle and bustle of city life to ensure creativity is at the forefront of our minds. They are now looking for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join the team. You would be part of the Technology team responsible for the progression to from first sample to production, ensuring ‘right first time’ sampling.
They are looking for someone with at least 1 years’ technical experience in the industry to provide first class support to the product team and ensure the smooth running of the area. They are looking for someone who has a passion for Garment Technology, a desire to use your technical knowledge to add value to our fresh and exciting collections. You must be a confident and concise communicator, and ability to pick up new tasks, self-motivated. You must welcome challenge and enjoy a fast paced, exciting, environment.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Role
- Dealing closely with the Design Team and International offices to ensure the correct specifications are used in the design pack.
- Assist in the technical aspect of sampling and advise on make and construction where required.
- Responsible for the communication on any sample amendments from all review meetings.
- Advising on artwork scales for production.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the Working Manual and New Supplier Manual.
- Regularly visit the UK manufacturing units to ensure compliance and quality is maintained.
- Work with suppliers to highlight any fabric issues and propose required action.
- Maintain the block library and reference samples.
- General administration duties.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Fashion related degree and minimum of 1 years’ experience in Garment Technology within fashion retail or fashion manufacturing.
- A comprehensive knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of CorelDraw would be desirable.
- knowledge of grading, fitting and pattern adjustments.
- Knowledge of fabric testing and wearer trial systems.
- Knowledge of garment construction and quality standards.
- Knowledge of safety aspects and children’s garment safety standards.
- Accurate eye for details.
- Good measuring skills.
- Work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good team player.
- Hard working, committed and flexible.
- Must be able to drive due to remote location
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.