Our client is a global brand of womenswear and childrenswear. They are looking for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join the team. You would be part of the Technology team responsible for the progression to from first sample to production, ensuring ‘right first time’ sampling. As a Technologist with at least 1 years’ industry experience
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Role
- Dealing closely with the Design Team and International offices to ensure the correct specifications are used in the design pack.
- Assist in the technical aspect of sampling and advise on make and construction where required.
- Responsible for the communication on any sample amendments from all review meetings.
- Advising on artwork scales for production.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the FG4 Working Manual and New Supplier Manual.
- Regularly visit the UK manufacturing units to ensure compliance and quality is maintained.
- Work with suppliers to highlight any fabric issues and propose required action.
- Maintain the block library and reference samples.
- General administration duties.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Fashion related degree and minimum of 1 years’ experience in Garment Technology within fashion retail or fashion manufacturing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of CorelDraw would be desirable.
- knowledge of grading, fitting and pattern adjustments.
- Knowledge of fabric testing and wearer trial systems.
- Knowledge of garment construction and quality standards.
- Knowledge of safety aspects and children’s garment safety standards.
- Accurate eye for details.
- Good measuring skills.
- Work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good team player.
- Hard working, committed and flexible.
- Must be able to drive due to remote location
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.