Our client is one of the most diverse garment manufacturers in Europe, who supply apparel, corporatewear and protective clothing globally. They now have an exciting opportunity to join one of their 4 business units based in the North West.
Senior Import Merchandiser - The Role:
- This is a maternity cover role reporting to the Account Manager and working on nightwear
- To ensure that products meet the required delivery and gross margin while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Providing administrative support, raising orders, checking lab dips and fabric submissions, attending handover meetings and inputting data.
- Liaison between the customers, licensors, factories and internal teams.
- Checking packaging requirements and Gold seals.
- Arrange and lead customer pre-production meetings.
- Agreeing delivery dates and authorising shipment of goods.
- Overseeing photographic samples.
- Generally providing support to the Account Manager to ensure the critical path is maintained.
Senior Import Merchandiser - The candidate
- You must have at least 5 years' merchandising/production experience ideally within textiles and working with UK High Street retailers
- Strong IT skills in MS Office packages
- Possess excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong experience of dealing with and resolving issues with customers and factories.
- Able to build relationships easily.
- Must be able to drive and flexible to travel.
Senior Import Merchandiser - The package:
Competitive, dependent on experience.