Our client is a privately owned business with two successful womenswear brands, selling direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. Product Development and Garment Technology are key components to the success of their fashion collections and they are now seeking two Technologists to work across garment technology, product development and QC based in the Midlands.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Carrying design vision through to the finished, packaged garment across the size range and ensuring reputation for quality is maintained.
- Responsible for specifying how the product should be packaged, flat or hanging. Working with the London product development team on the packaging specification of bought-in products (mainly shoes and jewellery).
- Working closely with the London product development team and suppliers to test new fabrics and garments in order to ensure that the product is fit for purpose and appropriately labelled.
- Responsible for the labelling of garments, including brand labels, care labels and swing tickets.
- Commenting/approving wash care/product label details submitted by suppliers and carrying out wearer trials.
- Overseeing and conducting the measuring and checking of fit, sealing and shoot samples.
- Responsible for approving sealing samples.
- Filing bulk swatches/trims once approved by Product Development team.
- Pulling from stock any garments/swatches requested for colour matching in catalogues.
- Managing the checking of all bulk deliveries. Liaise with the warehouse to ensure deliveries checked and put away as efficiently as possible.
- Liaising with the London team and suppliers to report and resolve any issues.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Able to manage the QC team and function as well as happily being 'hands on' measuring and checking garments.
- Ability to build a close working relationship with London design and PD team, including regular travel to London.
- An understanding of grading and experience in conducting fit meetings.
- Experience of working with Chinese factories and building good relationships with all suppliers.
- Technical fabric knowledge.
- Ideally experience gained at a premium ladieswear brand.
- Excellent attention to detail, and strong admin and IT skills.
- Strong communicator with an understanding of the importance of reporting potential issues early
- Able to work with quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Team player
Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.
Competitive dependant on experience