We are really excited to be working with a very well-known retail name in the market, helping them in their search for a Head of Merchandising, who has strong understanding of the fashion industry.
Our client offers affordable fashion aimed at women and children, and over the last few years they have gone through phenomenal growth, well ahead of their high street competitors.
With a heavy focus on design, our client is able to react quickly to the latest trends and rapidly produce ranges of clothing their customers can enjoy without the hefty price tag.
To drive Departmental and Company performance by leading the Merchandising and Stock Distribution Departments and a team of merchandisers in the planning, managing and optimizing of Sales, Stock, Markdown, and Profit
- To take the lead role in driving Department strategy. Planning, managing and achieving the targeted measures of Sales, Stockturn, Markdown and Profit at Department/Company level.
- To control the in-season Open-to-Buy down to category level through monthly WSSI meetings with Merchandise teams.
- By effective range planning and markdown control, supervise the management of Terminal Stocks to keep within budgeted levels.
- To encourage teams to manage the supply base, monitoring Commitment and Intake, and to work closely with the supplier to minimize lead times, create flexibility and improve availability and margin.
- To train, motivate and develop the Merchandisers, and ensure the development of their teams at all levels.
- To consistently review Departmental structures to maximize effectiveness of buying approach
- To develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with IT, Distribution, Warehousing, Retail and Finance.
- To shape, manage and Company and Departmental budgets and cost centres.
- To represent the Merchandising Department at weekly Trading Meetings and present Company Performance information.
- To present Company summary performance information to the Board as and when required.
- To take a lead role in new initiatives at Company Level
Skills & Experience:
To ensure Merchandisers manipulate OTB and intake so as to maintain stock levels by Department and Category in line with monthly Closing Stock targets as defined on WSSIs.
Measure: Achieved Stock Turn -v- Budgeted Stock Turn
Improve accuracy of both sales and intake forecasts.
Measure: Average Weekly Variance to Merch. Plan Forecasts (Tolerance +/– 10%)
a). Liaise with the Stock Control Manager to improve the accuracy of allocation and replenishment.
Measure: Improvement in Store Stock Covers
b) Improve Store range availability
Measure: 95% Availability of Planned Range
- Take a lead role in assessing and reacting to competition reports supported by price benchmarking matrix. To be reviewed formally each quarter.
- Maintain and develop an assertive, dynamic culture in the team.
- Undertake regular branch visits and provide feedback for a minimum of 20 branch visits during the year. In addition, a minimum of 8 ‘S’ grade stores should be visited at least twice.
- Provide strong and effective leadership on all matters relating to the Department
This is an amazing opportunity to make a difference within a financially stable, established retailer.