This opportunity is looking to recruit an experienced Fabric Technologist to their new office in Ke Qiao (Shaoxing, China). Our client is an established innovator, supplier and manufacturer of high quality mens and ladies tailoring to UK & International brands and retailers.
Fabric Technologist – The Role
- To formulate and deliver fabric sourcing and design & development strategy.
- Manage fabric development process.
Co-ordinate, monitor and progress all base test reports on known fabrics directly from mills for lap dips and bulk production.
- Working to a critical path and liaising on a daily basis with offshore manufacturers and mills.
- Responsible for the fabric library.
- Manage customer expectations through regular communication & meetings, and ensure all actions have deadlines.
- Ability to take commercial and timely decisions
- Work closely with design and commercial team.
Fabric Technologist – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within the position of Fabric Technical/Fabric Technologist or similar opportunity.
- A good knowledge and awareness of UK/European/US fabric testing standards and requirements with strong practical skills.
- Experience of working with a variety of different fabric bases, particularly wovens.
- Ability to self-manage and implement standards, processes and systems and take on levels of responsibilities.
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken English), able to influence and build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to travel
- Competent proficiency in Microsoft packages, systems and software
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.