Junior Print Graphics Designer
Responsible for designing the digital printed design artworks and other digital textile techniques (ie embroidery/laser cut), overseeing any graphics/computer design related projects and printed garment production tasks.
Our client is a beautiful luxury womanswear brand based in central London and due to their success looking to expand their team.
- Liaising with the Creative Director and interpreting her ideas and needs for the seasonal collections, taking her signature painting style and developing this into digital print/textile techniques accurately.
- Liaising with other team members and technical staff to allow a working correlation on projects.
- Undertaking research for ideas and inspirations set by the Creative Director. Presenting this research through shared Pinterest boards/dropbox and producing mood boards with ideas for development (focused on print/textiles and colour).
- Experimenting with colour and texture to fit the season/project palette.
- Producing design ideas, sketches, paintings and photographic/stock imagery to present to Gyunel for initial design development.
- Taking these ideas and developing them into digital artwork, using the latest CAD softwares.
- Considering how the digital print/textile technique will be used and what properties it needs to fit this.
- Checking and approving designs and samples of completed items with the Creative Director.
- Working to meet deadlines according to critical path.
- Keeping up-to-date with new trends in print, textiles and colour movements and techniques.
- Working alongside the Production Coordinator when dealing with print factories and placing orders.
- Overseeing strike-off sampling and print alterations, making sure to confer for approval.
- Providing clear instruction to studio freelancers and factories for print placement panels.
- Working on seasonal lookbook and invite/evite, liaising with director on what she wants and finding graphics printers for production of final product, with high quality and best price.
- Assist with graphics on branded products.
- Providing technical advice to all team members where possible.
- Keeping the print and art department up-to-date with archives, filing, backing up work and ordering essential art equipment.
- Managing interns.
- General studio tasks.
Experience within a similar role is preferred
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has recently graduated and looking for their first role within design