Design Manager - Ladies Woven Tops & Blouses
We currently recruiting on behalf of one of our key clients, a highly successful, fashion supplier to all major US and UK retailers.
They are looking for a Design Manager to manage the Women's woven Tops and Blouse department based in their offices in Hong Kong.
As the Design Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the department and projects from initial design concept through to sealing sample stage following through the critical path, as well as building and maintaining close customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in Design and Product Development for Women's Woven Tops and Blouses. You should also have sound experience in Market/Trend Research and demonstrate the ability to coordinate with Design Teams of major retailers they supply to.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working within the main design team for the company in based in Hong Kong:
- Working alongside the other Fashion Designers, Fabric Specialists, Print, Textile & Graphic artists and Trend Forecasters,
- Required to produce inspiration ideas and market intelligence to clients
- Managing the Women's Casual Tops department across casual woven and jersey wear
- Manage the department to produce a line across each season and other ad-hoc projects
- Maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Liaising with the Design Teams of the major retailers the company supplies to
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or Product Development, with several years of relevant experience in Design & PD for Women's Casual Tops
- Exposure and experience working with the US or EU markets
- Ideally having worked with main fashion retailers such as the Arcadia Group, Next, Walmart or JC Penney ideally in an overseas design role
- Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing design projects
- Strong organisation and communication skills - ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve key company objectives
- Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial ranges appropriate for specific customers' requirements
- Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
- General to advanced understanding of garment construction and technical specs
- Proficient in Adobe AI, Photoshop and MS office applications
- Proficient in computer sketching, creating tech packs and sample development tracking