Assistant Technologist - Home and kitchen
Our Client, a successful national retailer has 3 vacancies for Assistant Technologists in their home division covering stationary, disposable table products, home accessories and kitchen.
These are all excellent opportunities for graduates or Assistant Technologists to join a leading Brand and develop their career in the retail environment!
The successful candidates will assist by supporting the Senior Product Technologist/ Product Technologist.
Assistant Technologists work with the suppliers, support teams, designers, merchandisers, trading, supply chain and retail teams to deliver products that are consistently produced to the correct quality standard are safe and diligently procured and meet the Client’s standards and policies.
- Supports the delivery of products ensuring safety, legality and quality attributes are maintained.
- Supports the delivery of the category technical strategy as well as setting and implementing corporate sustainability targets.
- Supports product delivery including supplier and product approval, competitor benchmarking, customer/store feedback, range reviews and post implementation reviews.
- Risk assesses products under guidance.
- Works with Senior Product Technologist, Product Technologist, buyers and merchandisers to identify supplier selection for products. Supports the sourcing strategy.
- Follows the KPI technical strategy with suppliers. Implements improvements in supplier performance or product quality.
- Supports technical team with administrative tasks such as data collection and interpretation, preparation, review and dispatch of samples, contacting suppliers and testing laboratories as appropriate.
- Creates technical records for products where required.
- Work with buying, merchandising, design, packaging and other stakeholders to ensure product is available on time and on quality, meeting critical path KPI's.
- Supports the team with data collection and interpretation, looking at trends. Investigates and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Carry out store visits to purchase and review products as required on behalf of the team.
- Support the Product Technologist or Senior Product Technologist in undertaking Benchmarking exercises, as required.
- May be required to work across multiple product areas as seasonal or business needs dictate. Clear training would always be given.
- Work experience an advantage but graduates with a degree or equivalent qualification in a science, textiles, fashion or product based discipline will be considered.
- Good systems knowledge especially Excel & MS Office.
- Analytical & Numerical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of business principles and core values.
- Effective communicator & net worker.
- Excellent admin and organisational ability.
The role may require travel within the UK and overseas (depending on product area and supply base location).