CAD & Print Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established womenswear brand, looking to recruit an experienced print designer with a fashion handwriting and confident CAD skills.
CAD & Print Designer – Fashion Performance Sports Brand - The Role
- Working closely with the Design Director, Design Technologist & Junior Designer, your role will be to identify trends, and develop new prints from initial concepts to finished print design, and help build activewear apparel ranges.
- To create garment silhouettes, develop mood boards, concepts and CAD designs proposals
- Working across seasonal collections of swim, performance sports and fashion leisure for the brand, and similar ranges for retailers (womenswear).
- Research sources of influence, with a good eye for identifying commercial and emerging trends for colour and print. Create colour palettes, source fabric and trims. Recolour/ rescale existing artwork.
- Follow approvals of all artworks to scale. Provide web ready artwork support and CADs for factory specification. Liaise with printers.
- Liaising with suppliers and other members of the team
- Assisting in the design and production of seasonal visuals and content for brochures, swing tickets, packaging concepts and POS. To contribute new idea’s to showcase the brand and ensure a strong identity.
CAD & Print Designer – Fashion Performance Sports Brand - The Person Specification
- Graduate from a Design Surface Print, Textiles, Graphic or fashion related course with 3years+ experience. Previous experience of designing within the fashion industry, and ability to create original all over prints and motifs.
- A keen interest in sportswear, fashion & leisurewear.
- Highly competent Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, InDesign CAD skills.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to work under own initiative within a fast paced environment and to tight deadlines are key
- Looking for an enthusiastic, confident communicator, who is attentive to the detail and will bring ideas to the table. A valued member of the Team!
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.