Buying Manager – Lingerie
Buying Manager - Lingerie
Based at George House in Lutterworth
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buying Manager/ Buyer to join our team.
In this role you will develop and source a commercial range which meets our customer and market requirements delivering maximum profit, whilst managing, developing and succession planning a wider team consisting of 1 Buyer and 2 Buying Assistants.
You will be an established, experienced leader with strong interpersonal, organisational and management skills. Strong product development skills with a commercial understanding, in-depth market competitor & customer knowledge and the ability to cross network to capitalise on wider business opportunities. Previous experience of Lingerie would be an advantage.
The ins & outs:
* Overall Department Strategy, determining category splits against sales and options, as set in strategy in conjunction with Merchandise manager
* Responsible for profitability targets of the department including margin, sales, number of options, ASP and profit
* Work in conjunction with Design manager on range requirements through wish list, base plan and supplier meetings
* Work with sourcing teams to achieve flexible and appropriate supply base to meet the requirements of the department
* Management of the Buying team through development of self and others through regular 1-2-1's, live personal development plans, appraisal process, coaching, succession planning & recruitment
* Determine and manage the department Critical Path - working with Merchandise Manager to achieve 98% supplier compliance
* In season trading - Open to buy management in conjunction with merchandise manager
* Continual trialling of new initiatives, both Store and Dot.Com, driving new business strategy forward to best utilise space and provide customer choice
* Accountable for Market strategy, trading activity, customer and competitor profiles to increase George positioning within the market place via growth in market share
* Work alongside QA function to improve department product & fabric quality.
What you'll need:
* Actively living the company values as a role model for other colleagues
* Excellent product development background and the ability to work closely with the supply base
* Team leadership and coaching skills
* Strong commercial acumen, strategic planning and review skills
* Influencing skills at peer and Senior manager/director level
* Strategic & timely decision making
* Clear communicator with a professional presence.