Tailoring and Outerwear Designer
An extremely reputable and financially strong supplier to the UK and International high street retailers and brands are recruiting a trend driven Ladieswear Tailoring and Outerwear Designer with a young hand writing to join their design team, responsible for researching and designing across key accounts.
• Design of Tailored product including Casual and Tailored Outerwear, Tailored Suits, Stand Alone Casual/Formal bottoms, Dresses and some Coats
• Manage relationship with buyers at a number of high street retailers
• Work closely with the Sales Director to interpret customer requirements and develop ranges.
• Source fabrics and trims according to seasonal requirements
• Create and develop mood boards
• Attend customer selection meetings and manage follow-up presentations
• Work closely with overseas factories
• Liaise with pattern cutters and garment technologists to achieve the look of the garment
• Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience as a Tailoring/Outerwear Designer within a supplier
• In touch with what is on trend and regular comp shop
• Excellent knowledge of tailored and outerwear fabrics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative to prioritise workload
• A positive and flexible attitude