Converse GMM Director Factory Stores
The General Merchandise Manager (GMM Director) – Retail Stores EMEA will support the profitability and efficient operation of the rapidly expanding Direct to Consumer Channels by leading and developing merchandising, planning and allocation strategies and execution aligned with company initiatives.
The GMM will be responsible for directing and implementing buying, assortment planning, merchandise planning, promotional and pricing planning, financial analysis, inventory integrity and consumer trends for Converse Retail Stores. Finally, this member of the DTC Leadership Team will lead, select, develop, and retain a strong merchandising, planning and allocation team, resulting in a strong succession plan.
This individual will be an innovative Footwear and/or Apparel merchandising leader with a record of success growing and sustaining great brands across DTC channels. This background will likely include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters a plus.
- At least 10 years of Retail Merchandising or Buying experience.
- Strong management background with five years of experience leading a Merchandising function and Team
- The ideal candidate will be a proven Apparel/Footwear merchant with a broad business orientation and key competencies including brand building, revenue generation, strategic planning and analytical thinking.
- Ideal candidates will have garnered merchandising experience working for multi-channel retailers or wholesalers known for high volume merchandising initiatives.
- He/she must be creative, thought provoking, demonstrate a firm understanding of key financial and other performance metrics and be able to work cross-functionally.
- Exposure to or experience in P&L management or financial reporting a plus
- He/she must be a vocal leader, willing to take calculated risks with a demonstrated track record of making bold and visible change to a brand’s image and financial impact.