Development Garment Technologist
My client, a leading RTW luxury Womenswear brand, are looking for an experienced Development Technologist to join their rapidly expanding London team.
Offering a salary of circa £35k, the ideal Development Garment Technologist will:
- To have a minimum of 5-6 years of experience working at RTW level. Experience within the luxury sector across woven/knit/jersey preferred and including operating directly with an in-house Atelier.
- The candidate as such should have a good understanding of pattern cutting as well as sizing, fitting and grading and take a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Candidate will have experience of working within a CMT and FF environment with manufacturers within the UK, Europe and the Far east.
- Must be flexible, proactive and able to work to tight deadlines and have a highly proficient skill set in Excel, Word and Outlook.
The main responsibilities of the Garment Technologist is to:
- Works with Production team according to their priority list to create a ‘pre-production sample pack’ in conjunction for the factories, to include Tech Sheet, Fabric, Trims, Pattern, Pattern Measurements and Noted up Toile.
- To support the Atelier and Product Development team
- Works with Atelier Coordinator and Product Developer to trouble shoot any technical issues, at production pattern cutting stage and grading at with the manufacturers.
- Works with the Product Development, Production, Production Pattern Cutter and Atelier Coordinator to ensure all fit amends are communicated correctly to the relevant Atelier team member or manufacturer
- Measuring and assessing all pre-production samples prior to each fit meeting.
- Checking all graded patterns with the in-house grader and production pattern cutter, prior to issuing to suppliers.
- As and when required attend factory visits to carry out production quality inspections; reviewing any manufacturing issues with the factories.
- Writing detailed supplier manufacturing comments.
- Ensuring that the comments are issued to, received by, and understood by the suppliers.
- Supports the Production Manager in the raising of all grading specifications.
- Local and overseas travel may be required.
If you are looking to join a rapidly expanding luxury brand with phenomenal progression prospects, please apply asap to allison@cvukgroup DOT com.
Apply for Development Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly