Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Every employee brings inspiration and innovation to our business and we seek achievers, leaders and visionaries.
We are looking for a talented Buyer! A Product specialist who show passion, vision and an appetite for business, trends, sports & fashion. An awareness of their consumer and market place is essential, along with a drive to succeed. Independent and reasoned thought processes are as much key to this success as teamwork.
Define and lead the product strategy and vision for Nike in Europe in order to drive optimal category assortment, collections and offerings.
- ASSORTMENT & PRODUCT: Deliver a compelling assortment to the consumer that shops Nike Factory Stores. Set and execute price and promotional strategies in line with achieving business goals. Collecting consumer insights; market travel / store visits / desktop research.
- COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION & LEADERSHIP: Communicate and present category buying strategies, vision and business results to cross functional retail teams, field and category teams. Communicate frequently with Planning and Allocation to share business updates and partner on integration of planning, allocation and buying processes. Collaborate, partner and influence wholesale category and product engine teams to drive the overall retail product needs for the category including closeout liquidation strategy and re-buy strategy. Strategic planning and visioning for the category.
- ANALYSIS & DECISIONMAKING: Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory. Develop strategies to meet category financial goals. Own open to buy forecasts. Develop methods for analyzing performance and results of previous buying strategies and make tactical adjustments to leverage opportunities for increased profitability.
- MANAGE & COACH: Coach, train and develop Buying Coordinator(s), temps and interns. Mentor, train, educate, and coach other buyers and serve as a knowledge resource for other team members.
- Degree educated with 5 years relevant experience in retail buying or wholesale merchandising for Footwear or Apparel; 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Passion for product, retail and the Nike brand.
- Outlet or value retail experience is an advantage
- Other skills requirements:
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong computer and analytical skills; advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Eagerly seek opportunities
- Thorough understanding of the dynamics and economics of Buying
- Strong commercial acumen - to achieve KPI’s
- Results driven – Focus on ROI
- Strong Team Player, Coach & Manager; virtual leadership skills
- Understanding of Brand Management
Nike offers an exceptional career development potential globally, a total compensation package including a competitive base salary and bonus opportunity, an inspiring work environment and a comprehensive relocation package to foreign hires.
At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.