Outerwear Designer - Ladieswear
I have an opportunity to join a young trend led supplier based in London who are looking for a young handwriting to join their Outerwear Design Team.
This role is to work on semi casual and formal outerwear including parkas, coats and macs.
Main responsibilities Will Include:
- Attention to detail keeping your styling fresh, exciting and fashion forward.
- Creating ranges of fast fashion ladies outerwear
- Forecasting key shapes and trends
- Working as part of the design team
- Design and develop ranges to fit the customer requirements.
- Fabric development, ensuring fit for purpose and with cost budget
- Sourcing trimmings
- Prepare and organise mood boards
- Liaising with factories, suppliers and customers
- Working to a critical path deadlines.
- Ensure that all designs are technically correct and fit for commercial bulk production
- MUST have experience in a similar role working with ladies outerwear
- Beneficial to have experience designing for young trend led High Street retailers
- Outerwear experience is essential
- Strong CAD skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to undertake trend prediction
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines